Friday, February 5, 2010

Black Men VS. Black Women



Yesterday I received the new issue of Essence Magazine, and sexy Reggie Bush was on the cover but that’s not what this is about but he looks good. Anyway, I was reading an article called “Fool’s Paradise” where the men were speaking about their sexual escapades in the Dominican Republic. It was an interesting article but what threw me through the loop were these men blaming Black women for their actions.


In the story, one man said he went to the Dominican Republic because the women did things that black women never would do. Another man said that “he lost interest in black women” after making frequent trips to the DR. Are you serious? I blame Essence. Yes, Essence because they started this man shortage ish, I don’t curse so you know what I’m saying. They started the “do black men want us anymore” and the other one about Black women aren’t in demand anymore. It’s like dang, being a black woman must really suck right about now.
I hate how we’re always pitted against each other and it’s only in black magazines. When I read cosmo, and I have a short subscription to it, I never see stories about “why don’t white men like white women?;” and white men-Asian women unions are the top interracial union. Yes, even more than white women and black men. Their articles are about how to make relationships/sex better. Not why are we single. I feel like we focus on the wrong things. We are making more money but now we’re single. It's a mess and it's created by the media. Black women are wanted. Italian Vogue created an entire issue full of black women and spanish men love us. And not just the light skinned ones but all of us. I suggest
If you have read my writing, you know how I feel about Black people relations. I feel like we are some of the most loyally disloyal people ever. When I say that, I mean we expect loyalty, as every race should, but we are some of the first people to abandon our race once we “make it.” Or we’re expected to marry each other but we’re the first people to say what the opposite sex in our race does wrong. Sometimes I feel like “can black people get along?” I mean really get along.

First, black women stop dogging your men. Please, he doesn't want to hear it. I don't mean be a doormat but if he's a good man support him.


I thought I would share the wealth of Reggie Bush. He is too sexy, sorry men I know you don't want to see it.

0 comments: